Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Confessions of a non-blogging blogger wanna-be

It seems some people are much better at blogging than others.  I am in the latter category. Not wanting to admit a lack of discipline, I put the blame on my past. From the age of 7 til my last year in University, it seems I spent most of my "free" time (as in -when I was not in school) working on a vegetable farm. After school each day from March til June. All through the summer holidays (July/ August) and after school each day from Sept til mid November, my brothers and I were at work.  Not much time for writing.  All of that hard work on the farm, long days in the sun, the rain, the mud... were part of God's preparing me for Kalimantan. I enjoyed my years there, especially being able to do physical hard labor in the fields or carrying lumber through the jungle with my Dayak friends.  

Add to this a penchant for being with people (I am an extrovert) and a lot of opportunities to be involved in various ministries, and you get a very full life, yet with seemingly little to write about.  And so it doesn't get written.

So, even though I know enough about computers to be able to use them for work to a certain extent, yet there is so much that I don't know... and perhaps that (combined with the lack of discipline that I did not want to admit (see above)... has kept me from really keeping up with the new technology. 

But things are changing (when have I said that before?) .. and I will endeavour to be more disciplined in putting things onto the web, where it seems all the successful people are putting their news.  And so I am attempting to post on-line here the last few years of Quick Updates On The Armstrongs:





No comments:


We've come a long way......

About Me

from rural Manitoba, Providence College & Seminary alumni, happily married to Janet (nee Warkentin) since 1979, Lived in Kalimantan, Indonesia 1981- 95. Singapore since 2000

World Team Prayer Fellowship

World Team Prayer Fellowship
Wonderful people living in Abbotsford and Chilliwack, BC

Grad Shows

Grad Shows
Joel at his grad show

Grad Shows

Grad Shows
Andrea at her display

All the King's men

All the King's men
Our Singapore group meets with a number of PPIK Leaders

On the line

On the line
Members of BPMC Singapore straddle the Equator in Pontianak

Christmas 07

Christmas 07
Our Indonesian Fellowship Christmas